Chelonidae : Detailed Blog,2007-2008
Chelonidae was home to Jim & Michelle Lambton for a couple of years during which they set out to have an adventure of the 'sell up and sail' variety. They started in Picton, on Lake Ontario in Canada and worked their way down to he Bahamas, before returning home. The two year voyage is lovingly chronicled is a blog written by Michelle in which she is charmingly honest about what happened when the dream collided with reality.
Originally called Crest of Arun, she was reregistered in 1968 as Mewgaw, then renamed Chelonidae in 1976.
Built : 1952 by David Hillyard at Littlehampton, England
LOA : 36' 0"
LWL : 31' 0"
Beam : 10' 6"
Draught : 4' 3"
Displacement : 14 tons TM
Lloyd's Register : N° 185636
Chelonidae Custodians & Home Ports
Jim & Michelle Lambton (2007-2008) Kingstown, Ontario, Canada
AE Baird (1975-1978-?) Milford Haven, Wales
Gp Capt Charles H Wiggins & Mary J Wiggins (1968-1974) Portsmouth, England
Ricks Properties Ltd (1965-1967) Lymington, England
Mrs KR Ricks (1962-1964) Lymington, England
S Rosenburg (1959-1961) Littlehampton, England
Ivor L Davies (1958) Littlehampton, England
SG Barrett (1957) Littlehmpton, England
H Talbot Johnstone (?-1954-1956) Littlehampton, England
Page last updated : August 2017